I’ve just spent some time reviewing a handful of my posts from 2013. I reviewed my goals:
- run 1000 miles (I completely forgot about this and actually thought I said 1000 km after doing close to 900 in 2012
- complete 2 x 10k races
- train for a half-marathon in 2014
- break 1 hour in the 10k (I said it would be a “definite”)
Pretty basic stuff. Who said we all need a million goals? Anyway, let’s see how I did:
- ran 1210 kilometers (752 miles). Like I said, I do not remember writing miles!
- completed 2 x 10k races, an 8k race (5 miles) and a half-marathon
- see above. Completed a half-marathon a year before I planned. Training for a half likely hindered goal #4.
- PR’d on my 10k, but still not under an hour (I will never say “definite” when it comes to running again).
I enjoyed reading back about my winter running waffling, convincing myself it’s ok not to run outdoors in the winter, then about a month later, running outdoors in the winter! I still love it. No sweating, don’t need to carry as much water…what’s not to like???
I also re-read my review of the Nike+ Sportwatch. The things I didn’t like about it continued to irk me and I was disappointed in the lack of routes and other “places” features. You really need to be in a big city with lots of runners to take advantage there. So, Santa brought me a new watch for Christmas. Stay tuned for my Garmin Forerunner 220 review!
Goals for 2014
- Run 1000 miles in a year. This time I mean miles 🙂
- PR on the 5k, 10k and half-marathon. I feel it’s do-able to crush or at least slightly bruise each of those race times.
- more weight-training, specifically at least 1 hour a week.